Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where did my babies go?

So, only 5 more sleeps until school starts. I am feeling a little sad that I will no longer have any children at home with me. It all seems strange. I am excited for the girls, they are going to enjoy school. Tegan will love the social interactions and Miranda will appreciate all the learning activities. I just feel a little nostalgic I guess about all the time we have had together at home. Anyway we are all set to go. I have contacted all of Blake's books and all the uniforms are named and ready to go. I can't believe how many people I know have children starting prep this year. Must have been a big 12 months for births (I had 2 in 10 months so there you go)

I also have a sick husband at the moment, he has a chest infection and a sore throat (but no tonsils, he had them removed as a child) so he is feeling sad and sorry for himself. As long as he keeps out of my way and doesn't breathe on me, all will be fine! I have no time for catching other people's germs.

Blake is excited/ nervous about starting his final year of primary school. St Bernardine's give all the year 7 students wonderful opportunities to take on leadership roles and to develop the skills which go along with this. He is also growing so tall. It is like he has grown before my eyes these holidays. He is 160cm (5'4 1/2") and we just had to buy size 6 men's shoes for him for school. Last year was only size 4. As I am 168 (5'7), there is not much difference in height anymore. Where did my little boy go?

Well, aside from the preparation for school, not much else is going on in Wezza's world.
Keep Safe,
Until next time,
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean with the kids going to school. Caitlyn year 4 is freaking me out!!! Senior school now!! Abbie's starting year 1 and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete